Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bye...?

My assistant quit today.

At work, my boss and my supervisor decided that I could use help from at least one more person. We decided to hire a friend I recommended who was interested in working doing camera work and such.

Four months later, she became jaded, selfish and unappreciative of the job because she felt like she was doing too much and not getting paid enough. Her job was a minimum wage job, working as a student assistant doing something most students wouldn't be doing. In fact, I was doing what she was doing, and more, before they hired me as staff.

What was so funny about her though process behind it was that she wants to be a producer or a director, if anything. The things she was doing, pre-production, post-production type of stuff, which is what I do too, was not in her "job description," which she doesn't have one anyway. She told me she was hired to do camera work--true. When I was hired, I was hired to video editing. The job required more. But pre-production and post-production is her world. I'm not even trying to get into Hollywood film or indie film. I just like doing trailers and promotional stuff, which is what I do. This is her world and she just through it all away because she wasn't getting paid enough.

I am upset because I put in quite some effort to get her the job and she just throws it away. What's worst, she never said thank you. I know you don't like the job and all but at least say thank you for looking out for you even though you didn't turn out to like it.

So my boss asked me if there were any other people that could replace her and I already had one in mind, just in case. Thankfully, he already knows what's up so any time he complains, I know it'll just because he wants excellence--not money.

I leave you with this picture. I saw this in the library and it was interesting how close all these green colors were. The colors are more in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment