Monday, December 7, 2009

Better than expected

I knew it was supposed to rain today but I didn't know that I was going to have get up at 6:30 in the morning to moderately hard poring rain. But that's how my day kicked off.

I took my car in this morning to get the check that I wanted on Saturday and the rain was not helping the situation since being without a car only means one thing--walking. Yes, I know busses exist but in Mission Valley, where the Chrysler dealership is, I don't know the bus routes go to and where the bus stops are. The bus stops I have seen don't even have any overheads for rainy situations so it would make more sense for me to walk to the trolley in the rain than to wait for a bus where I don't even know where it's going and don't know when it's coming.

Thankfully, they had a shuttle I could use to get to work--free. Their customer service was surprisingly good and although it wasn't the cheapest bill, I'm glad to get the kinks out of my car before something ridiculous happens to it.

On my way to work in the shuttle, I met a man who was a twenty-five year, now retired, library aid who has a family of Shelton's. The driver had a niece who got accepted to San Diego State, was number one in her class and also got accepted to Stanford. Both people were good guys and the small talk made my morning ride to work more enjoyable.

In other news, my awesome girlfriend finally finishes another quarter of school and hopefully I get to see her tonight even if it's just briefly. I'm really excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment